Friday, July 24, 2009

First Looks at the Editing Process

So it has been a month since we began production on "Cause for Divorce". I took some much needed time before sitting down to edit the film. I've also been getting a lot of question on how it was going and how it looked, but I was hesitant to say anything until I got really got into the editing process. Now with only a few scenes left to get into I thought it was finally time to let everyone in on where we are.

After several days of cut, paste and trim I am so happy with the film so far. I'm 75% done with the rough cut , and the look is great and the actors are right on. I've had some great moments to edit on screen between the characters. I'm currently leading myself into working on the Thanksgiving dinner scene. I know that is going to be so much fun to cut, but also hard, because there is so much material to use.

As for a trailer, I hope to get one out by the end of next month depending on my work schedule. I've still got a lot of work to do and I will continue report on updates as we get further into post production. Hope everyone is have a great summer as we all try to beat the L.A. heat.

-DK

No comments:

Post a Comment