Thursday, June 18, 2009

One Week Out

So this week the cast had their final read through and rundown of the shooting schedule. The Assistant Director and myself will have crew meeting at the end of the week, and then I get to sit back in and worry until Tuesday morning when we set out to gather all the final material and begin pre-lighting for the shoot. I must say I am feeling a lot better about this shoot than any before it. Could be that I'm just getting used to the stress, but I would like to think we're just more prepared. Someone once told me that the more comfortable you feel with the stress the more worried you should be. I'm still on the verge of pulling hairs, so I think I'm at a good compromise to the alternative.

Right now the only real downside to all this is that I will miss the opening night of Transformers, but these are the prices we pay to be in the film business ha ha. At least I know what I'm doing the day after we wrap.

I'm looking forward to the stress and satisfaction that comes with making a film. It's always that sense of calm created out of total chaos. I think that is the one truly good feeling about being a storyteller. Making some sense out of something born from the mind and given shape by so many talented and hard working people. Of course even the hard working need sleep. Until next week everyone. Goodnight!

-DK

No comments:

Post a Comment